~The World of magic Horses~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Item Store

2 posters

Go down

Item Store Empty Item Store

Post  OmaiiTien Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:37 pm

What about an item store. for pet accesories.
Do to the process of putting them on, the pet stops growing. So a restriction of having the pet being fully grown should be in place unless the person wants to stop the horses aging permanently.

Alright, so the myadopts forums has a few handy help threads on how to do this, so i won't explain here how to do itbut what about creating a store where people can use the site currency to buy items for their horses?

some ideas are:
leg warmers,
feathers in manes/tails
necklaces/bracelets
(so cliche but i still love it) glow sticks
and anything we can think of.
I would say to stop spamming of this make them fairly expensive at first and than perhaps progress to monthly specials or rare/common/uncommon item listings. The store could be updated weekly with new or different items. You could also but a limited number of them up and once bought they are gone till next added back to the shop.

You could do similar things later with colors, markings or pattern additions to the horses. kinda like pet sites and their 'paint brushes' or 'color crystals' and such. I would say make those last one REALLY expensive and uncommon/rare to be found in the shop. as well as limited number. but thats your call Pika :3

If you want info on how its done, let me know and I'll link you to the MA forums i found them on. it's duable but we might want to set one person to just doing/monitoring that as once there are more people buying/playing it could be an overload. the person would have to be on every day/two days and the shop would have to state it takes time ot put the items on as it is done manually. so ya :3
OmaiiTien
OmaiiTien

Female Posts : 19

http://alchemillavulgaris.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Item Store Empty Re: Item Store

Post  LovePika Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Sounds cool; actually I thought of it before, but I only had a brief idea and nothing exact.
The biggest problem is, how could we make it possible for users to 'buy' the items? The only way I know is that the user PMs me with what they want to buy and a link ot the horse the want to attach it to, I add the item to their horse and take the money they 'spent' on the item. Which is also why I didn't make it yet besides my extra-lazyness
If you could find a way to get the 'buying' done automatically, then sure. Otherwise, we would need two or three other people whose job would be that overlooking the shop and all that.
I am not really sure about the color changing idea; but before deciding anything, I'll wait some time to see what other members think.
Ehh.. Glowsticks? And how would they be attached to a horse? Stuck somewhere in their mane or what?
LovePika
LovePika
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 39

http://magichorsesworld.myadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OmaiiTien Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Ya, MA doesn't accept the coding needed for the autobuy so there would need to be someone whos job it was solely to accept payment and add the item to the horse. that person would also need the program used to change the adoptables because they would need to have a copy of the item (with transparent bg) and able to add it to the persons already existing horse. It would be time consuming to do, but if you can find someone willing to do that, it could work. As the site gets busier you'd need more people but for how quiet it is right now I think one person would work.

glowsticks can be in the hair yes but could also be tied around the legs/ankles with string or hanging from the mouths in the same fashion.
OmaiiTien
OmaiiTien

Female Posts : 19

http://alchemillavulgaris.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum